It worked!

After having studied pottery for a year now, I've found there's two big skills to master. First, you need to figure out how to get the clay to do what you want. Second, you need to figure out how to get the glaze outcome you anticipate (and each time you're faced with new glazes you'll have to relearn that skill). 

The greatest feeling though, is when you're able to get both the clay and the glaze to do what you want when you're trying something new. 


White and black striped bowl
Clay: Fire Clay
Decoration: Black stain and Mac White
Firing: Cone 10 Reduction


When I saw this bowl, I was over the moon. Everything worked the way I wanted it to - the sides, the angular foot, and the decoration. I hope I can eventually eclipse this piece, but as it is right now, it's the piece I'm the proudest of thus far.

Comments

Popular Posts