Can We Have Pots Outside?

Summer has come to Minnesota!

I remember professors sometimes taking their class outside when I was in college. It was a great sign that winter was gone. The sun was shining, and all you wanted to do was go out and get some Vitamin D!

I've been playing around with a new (to me) type of clay - Fireclay. It has more grog, especially compared to the Porcelain/Stoneware mix I've been using (MB), which makes it a bit easier to manipulate into complicated shapes. It also has flecks of iron, which can give it more of a speckled look. 
Thrown jug next to water
Clay: Fireclay
Decoration: Gold Shine with sprinkled ash
Firing: Cone 10 Gas Reduction

We have a few citronella torches around our fire pit area, but I thought we could use something free standing. This bottle is meant to be an oil torch. 


Comments

Popular Posts